Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Be Christlike

Week # 26

You know Tiwi is out to get you when he says "check your speed" as you're on the phone with 911. #imnotthedriver

Yesterday we had a wonderful conference with Elder Schwitzer and his wife. They actually came and spoke when I was in the MTC and both of their talks really impacted me and my desire to serve a mission. Their names and words are written in my journal many times and I use them in lessons all of the time. It was such a tender mercy to meet them and hear their words again.

This week hasn't been one hundred percent peaches and daisies. What I've learned though is that the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" isn't true. Words are so powerful. They can uplift and they can scar. 

One of my favorite talks that I've read recently is "The Tongue of Angles" a talk from Elder Holland in April of 2007. Go read it. I have listened and read it so many times and I learn something new each time. I've always been sensitive, but when people say things to us on the street, when they yell at us that we listen to the devil, when they tell us that they hope they never see us again, I'm okay. I'm sad for them, but I'm okay because I know that I am called of God and doing His work. What actually hurts, is when those that are representatives of Christ are cruel. As members and missionaries we have the responsibility to be Christlike.You can be right and say something in the wrong way.

Be Christlike. That's why we are here. To become perfect as He and our Father are. It may not be possible in this life, but it is a commandment to try.

I love you all,

Hermana Dickson

Hermanas and Sisters in Forest Grove

No comments:

Post a Comment