Monday, November 14, 2016

November 7, 2016

Week # 34 

You know you're on exchanges with Sister Shumway when you step in dog poop and don't find out until the end of the day. 
(Really Hermana Dickson? This bit of info was hard for your mom to post and NOT edit out . . . exchanges are a temporary companion swap with the STLs - Sister Training Leaders. Hermana Dickson was with Sister Shumway and Hermana Hunt with Sister Bennett)

Really though. Every time I have been on exchanges with Sister Shumway I have either stepped in dog poop or ran over in on my bike (which I do have to admit that the bike was worse because the breeze carried it up to my nose the whole time we were riding). 

Moving on to more pleasant topics.

This week was good. Kind of average. Not going to lie. I can't think of what to write about. 

We did have a few people drop us (triste). We dropped a few people (triste-er), but we also saw miracles this week. The 17 year old girl that we have been teaching for a while is doing a lot better. We moved her date to the 26th and she is really excited. We've had 3 lessons in a row now and have one tonight. It's really neat because
she is the one setting them up, not us (like normal). At the end of lessons she asks "ok when are you coming back? Can you come tomorrow?". It's a really drastic change and it makes me so excited that she is so excited. She shares what she reads and tells us about what she learns at church without us even asking her. That really is a miracle. You have no idea. 

We ate a lot of Chinese this week. Literally every dinner except one (not that that is really relevant info for my email, but I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the Asian culture).

We went biking this week for Hermana Hunt's first time. She wanted to bike to dinner and I told her she didn't want to bike up those hills, but she didn't believe me. She also didn't believe me about how she needed a looser skirt. . . We ended up walking our bikes to dinner :) We laughed about it later (like way later). The good thing is that she still wants to get back on the bikes. Seeing how many miles we've already used this month that is really good. #bikingintherain 

Oh goodness I don't know what to write about. I'm really tired.

I gave away my jacket to an investigator this week. I was really wet that day. I'm not sure how I feel about the rain here. I also don't like that it gets dark at 4:30 and people go to bed at 6. We still work until 9, but every door we knock on has upset people because they were sleeping. "Oh hey sorry to wake you up, but here's a Book of Mormon, maybe you can read it while you wait to fall back asleep eh?" (we have a Canadian elder so I've started saying "eh" . . . It's a problem). I hope you are all staying dry! 

We went to an antique store today and we found a box full of Zions national park post cards. . . And one of the MOTAB choir. Wooh Utah!

I love you all,

Hermana Dickson

Hermana Hunt's first missionary biking adventure

The Zone


The completed Halloween pumpkins!

Look! Mom's tea cups at the antique store






No comments:

Post a Comment