Monday, November 14, 2016

Rain, Blessings & Prayers for Safety


Week #35

You know you're on a mission (and you're a clutz) when your legs are bruised from biking.

Alrighty. This week was an interesting one. Filled with drunk people, bible bashing (not on our part), and rain.

The rain is finally starting and staying. I keep denying it, but I think it's here to stay now. Maybe I should buy a rain jacket with a hood at this point since no one uses umbrellas here. More than anything I do not like driving in rain and I have to drive because my companion doesn't have a license so that is fun. Lots and lots of prayers. Someone in the mission totaled their car 2 weeks ago and I'm so nervous because there is so much responsibility (and I have never liked driving). Oh well. That's why we pray all the time, and always for safety.

Speaking of safety, the number of drunk people we have talked to recently is a good one. Also it gets dark around 5 so we are out working in the pitch black knocking on doors. My poor companion keeps asking me when I got comfortable doing that. I will not, but hey He protects His missionaries and if we are living worthy of the spirit then we will know when to turn around, get back in the car, and get inside.

Still struggling with the Spanish. It's interesting though. We will be in a lesson and we both will have no idea what they said, but we open our mouths with a prayer in our hearts and some how we are able to say what needs to be said. I have definitely felt the truth of the scripture "open your mouth, and it shall be filled" (D&C 33: 8 & 10) and I have felt the power of the gift of tongues. We are struggling with the "gift of remembering what you just taught and said so that you can make an accurate lesson report" though that's for sure :).

Our progressing investigator is doing so well! She is finally getting it. She asks us after each lesson if we can come the next day. One time this last week we were two minutes late and she called us and asked if we were still coming. It's so special to see her finally understand the importance of our message and really truly "hunger and thirst for righteousness". (Matthew 5:6)

We have had some powerful lessons this last week with another man. Missionaries will know what I'm talking about when I say "we found the iceberg!" He has some past things happen that has made him angry with God. Now that we know, we are finally able to help him heal and repent and come closer to Christ and to his Heavenly Father. Last night we spent an hour just talking on his porch about the priesthood and the power that he could receive from a blessing. We are praying that he will ask for one.

Training is going well. I'm definitely stressed, but I love it. I love how excited Hermana Hunt gets at the end of lessons. It helps me remember to see the little blessings and miracles that happen everyday in this work.

Thanksgiving is coming up. I won't have a pday next Monday so don't expect an email. It will be coming on Thanksgiving. I really am so grateful for this season. I don't think I've ever been so excited for Christmas. I guess that happens when Christ is the center of your life.

I hope you all are doing well and are happy. Be thankful for what you have. We are so blessed.

I love you all,

Hermana Dickson

It's cheesy, but this is a picture right after an AMAZING lesson!
It was so spirit filled so we decided to take a selfie with some pretty cool people.


No we weren't biking in the church, but we did do a lot of biking this week

We love these sisters. I think we'll keep them :)


On our way to Zone Conference. The fog made the sunrise so beautiful.







No comments:

Post a Comment