Monday, October 31, 2016

Training, Answered Prayers, & a Pumpkin Patch

Week #32

October 24, 2106 

You know you're a trainer when you are constantly stressed (in a good way of course).

Well, life of a trainer :) It's going pretty well. I don't know what I'm doing at all, but we are surviving. Actually we are doing really well. 

The beginning of this week started with Sister Barnes and I eating lots of ice cream and crying and worrying about training. We were taking care of two areas for a while there (each of their previous companions returned home) and that was stressful enough. BUT we went to bed the night before our babies (new companions) got here and we were calm.

We had to get up early the next morning to go meet them and we had to drive to the mission home. It was early and so it was super dark and foggy. At one point we could barely see the lines on the road so we had to slow down. Sister Barnes was driving so I said a prayer and when I opened my eyes the fog was gone. I cried. I was so nervous that morning, but having that fog cleared so miraculously was an answer to more than one prayer. It was an answer to our immediate need for help so that we could drive safely, but it was also the answer to our many prayers over the last few days of confusion and desperation. We were both so worried about the assignment to train. We both feel so inadequate. I know we were both asking "why me?" and I really didn't believe that my call came from God.

That fog clearing on Thursday morning let us know so clearly that our Heavenly Father does hear our prayers and He is there. It's something so small, but it meant so much to both of us. He really is watching over us constantly.

Not all my nerves are gone of course. I didn't come back to the area with an amazing gift of tongues, but I do know that each companionship is inspired and I need to be companions with Hermana Hunt.

I sent another companion home this transfer (Hi Kamriana!). It's so interesting to see the different sides. Both of my companions so far have been at the end of their missions and Hermana Hunt is just barely starting. She is so excited about the work! I love it! We are doing really well with talking in Spanish as much as possible and I am learning so much from our studies. Lots of people have told me that you learn the most when you are a trainer and I'm definitely seeing that.

We had a really good Pday today. We went pumpkin picking! We are going to carve them next week because we ran out of time, but pictures will be included next week.

We've had some really amazing lessons recently. We have one tonight that I am very nervous about, but I'm figuring out taht I really shouldn't be worried about lessons and training. It's His work right? He's got it under control.

I hope you are all happy and doing well. Sometimes I feel like I have no idea what is going on back home, but I sincerely hope you are all happy. I learned again this week that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father, who loves me, and I love Him.

I love you all,

Hermana Dickson

Me, Sister Harold, Hermana Hunt, and Sister Barnes on our way back to our areas

Some of my favorite people. #halloweenparty

President Loza and family. Hmas Dickson, Hunt, the Burkes, Elder Peltier, Elder Quinlan

Hermana Dickson in a Pumpkin Patch
(Now mom's second favorite Halloween picture ever)

Hermana Dickson and Hermana Hunt

The most wonderful Sister Carbine taking the sisters on a Pday adventure



No comments:

Post a Comment