Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Last Email from Forest Grove . . . "His is the Right Time"

Week #43

You know you're getting transferred when you get lots of illegal hugs from men . . . 

So we aren't supposed to hug people of the opposite gender as missionaries, but investigators and some members don't know that so . . . There have been a couple of awkward situations in the last few days. It's all good though. Firmen hugged me and I awkwardly yelped because he scared me and he just thought I was super uncomfortable. He felt so bad when I told him that it was a rule. I'm going to miss him though. My companion is under strict instructions to keep me updated on him and his family.

This is kind of surreal. I've been here my whole mission. I've seen two companions say goodbye to these people, but I didn't understand how hard it is until now. I don't think that it has completely hit me quite yet.

I am going to "Little Mexico"! I really am excited, I promise. We got the call Saturday night and then called the Hermanas there and totally spoiled it for them. They hadn't gotten their transfer call yet. We are doing a swap. One of the Hermanas is just switching places with me. My new companion will be Hermana Jensen. She came out with my companion Hermana Hunt so she is fresh out of training. I'm super excited to get to know her.

We had another snow storm this last weekend. Our cars were grounded again and church was cancelled which makes it really hard to say goodbye to people so we walked. All day in the snow. Maybe that's not a big deal for most people, but we don't live in our area and we walked from home to our area, all over our area (and I mean all over) and then back to Forest Grove all the way to the stake center on the other side of the city. I'm sure lots of missionaries have walked farther and longer, but when you aren't used to it and there is ice and snow and your name is "Hermana Murphey" . . . it gets a little interesting. We were able to see a lot of people though and I have been able to say goodbye to almost everyone.

Today we have been running all over because we can finally drive again. There is so much to do when you are getting transferred. Also I'm realizing how much stuff you accumulate in 9 months when you are living in one place. I don't have much to email today. I want to get out and say goodbye to everyone.

I'm so grateful for the time I have spent here. For the people I have met and come to love so dearly. You think your heart can't love anymore and then you meet another child of our Heavenly Father. Even though it may not seem like it right now, I am going to meet people there that I will love as much as I love the people here. I just have to trust in our Heavenly Father that He knows so much more than I do. His timing is different than mine, but His is the right time.

I love you all,

Hermana Dickson


This is where I serve. I just live in Forest Grove 

Saying Good-bye to Forest Grove

Soaking wet after walking for miles and miles and miles. 

Last District Meeting together. Three are being transferred.

"This is Anna the woman we have been teaching from Guatemala. I will miss her so much. She taught me how to say 'I love you' in Quiche . . .I don't remember though"

Silly district picture


No comments:

Post a Comment