Monday, July 11, 2016

At All Times, In All things, & In All Places

Week #16

You know you are a missionary when you walk up to a house and a little girl says "They're back again Dad".

"Hola, Como esta? Soy Hermana Coca, mucho gusto. . . Dickson . . . Soy Hermana Dickson" Yeah that's how my week has been. (Tired enough that she introduces herself with the wrong name)

Actually this week hasn't been too horrible. The three people who were on date to be baptized in July aren't on date anymore. Can I just say that I hate "drop" lessons. I just want to cry every time. They are the worst.

We were teaching a recent convert's family this week and they have had really bad experiences with members of our church so they weren't interested, but they said we had good vibes. #notvibes #elespiritusanto.

They accepted a Book of Mormon and I really believe they will read it. It just made me think about how as a missionary I literally have Jesus Christ's name on my chest, but all members (of the church) are representing Him at all times. What we do can influence those around us for good or for bad. They could be interested in learning more or completely put off because of a bad experience. As members we need to be examples at all time, in all things, and in all places. We never know who is watching. I guess I am learning better how to be a member while being a missionary.

We did some service this week for one of our investigators. She is getting ready to sell her house so she had to power wash it. We asked if we could spray down our car at the same time. We regretted it. She has a high standard of clean so we were out there for a long time, but our car was sparkly clean (well and then it rained so it's not so clean anymore). We get to go back to help her paint this week. I'm so excited. She is so wonderful. She's this cute little old lady named Margarita and we teach her every week. This week we talked to her about President Monson. She saw a picture of him and said that she could tell that he was a prophet because he has an honest face. I love our Prophet!

We met our new mission president this week. He is President Tateoka. He and his wife are super sweet and I'm so excited to get to know them. We have interviews with him tomorrow. Also he sings. :)

So sorry if my email seems jumbled. I am running on very little sleep because two nights ago our downstairs neighbors decided to have a party until 5 a.m. Why do I know that? Because the last time I looked at my clock before finally falling asleep was after 4:30 so that's cool. I still haven't caught up on my sleep.

Speaking of tired, my companion fell asleep three times this morning in personal study. Seriously, I feel like our biggest trial on our missions are the limits of our bodies. Our spirits are like "Let's go! Woot! Lessons! People! OYM!" And our bodies are like "I don't feel like moving more than a finger today, maybe I'll get sick again" It's not fun. Both of us have been constantly sick while we've been companions, but I'm learning early in my mission that you still go out and you still do your best every day.

I finished the Book of Mormon this week. I've read it multiple times before, but this time was different. I've been reading and studying it everyday. Not just for my benefit and learning, but for the benefit of others. It's happened so often that I am able to share what I learned in my studies with investigators that day. I've seen the power of the Book of Mormon change the hearts of people and I've felt it change mine. I know that it is true and I know that every person can know of its truth by doing what Moroni invites; to read and ponder and then to ask God, in Christ's name of its truthfulness. The Book of Mormon is a story of family. It is a witness of Christ. It is the proof that Christ's church has been restored on the earth and that we have a living prophet today. I wish that everyone could look through Margarita's eyes and see that Thomas S. Monson is an honest man. A prophet of God.

I hope you are all doing well and growing your testimonies each day. :)

I love you all,

Hermana Coca . . . Dickson, Hermana Dickson


No comments:

Post a Comment