Sunday, December 18, 2016

O Christmas Tree

Week #39 - December 12th

You know it's Christmas when someone allows Hermana Dickson to hold a saw.

Really though. I should never have a saw. Especially with my history and luck. . . but it's because we cut a Christmas tree! We just finished decorating it. It is so beautiful. We went out into the woods (well, not really, it was an abandoned part of a tree farm) and cut it down all by ourselves in the snow. It's a little bit bigger than what we planned. . . It bends at the ceiling, but we decided to leave it that way. We are really proud of the tree toppers though. We made them out of a file folder, paper towels and yarn. I had to spend a lot of time coloring my (yarn) hair brown. Speaking of snow though, we had quite a bit this last week and are supposed to get more next week. The freezing rain isn't as fun though. It's so cold!

This week was awesome. We have so many progressing investigators including a family of 8! It's like a Christmas miracle! They have such a strong desire to follow Heavenly Father and the parents want to raise their children well. They are a little wary about organized religion because of past experiences, but they are coming to church with us on Sunday! I will keep y'all updated.

I have seen some tender mercies this week. I have been struggling for a while and I was talking to someone and they used the same words that were said in my setting apart blessing. Heavenly Father does take care of us. I've seen and felt the manifestations of His love.

I don't know what else to write this week. I hope you are doing well. Remember why we have Christmas.

I love you all,

Hermana Dickson





Hermana Dickson has been so well taken care of by many members in her area. Sister Carbine sent a lovely email to tell me of their "Tree Day". I am including it here for Hermana Dickson to see when she returns from her 18 months of service.

"We had a lot of fun today. I took the girls up just past our home and a friend up there has a huge Christmas tree farm and she let us get off on the side of the road and find a tree for them. She gave it to them. The girls sawed it down and took a video etc; they will send that next week. They loved it, neither have cut down their own tree before. It was a perfect 6' noble. They were in heaven, with the snow and the fresh scent of trees and the sun was out today.

As they brought it out of the forest a car or two would go by and I had them throw it on the ground so the people wouldn't think we were stealing it. Then we all started having a snowball fight until they passed. haha
When we returned to thank J, who lost her dear husband last year, she invited us in and made us hot chocolate. We visited for a whil and we gave her a DVD of Jesus' bible videos and the girls gave her a Plan of Salvation pamphlet. Then they sang most beautifully, "Away in a Manger". They sound soooo good together. J. asked them to come visit more, but it's not their "real area" (assigned area). It was a wonderful experience. Your daughter is adorable.

Hermana Dickson sent the following video. I was glad for Sister Carbine giving us an explanation of the "stealing". It made us laugh





No comments:

Post a Comment