Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Worth of a Soul

Week #4


You know you're in the MTC when your knees are bruised from praying.

My knees are purple. It's been a hard week. Remember how I said the MTC is like church Disneyland? Well its definitely been a roller-coaster this week.

Wednesday I got a new companion. We found out about her the night before she got here and the Branch President gave us her picture and said "So who is her companion? You have 40 minutes to let me know" and he walked out of the room. We were all super nervous, but I knew that we needed to be companions. Hermana Clausen is amazing. She has already helped me with my Spanish so much! I was scared because we had finally figured out the trio companionship and we didn't want to have to adjust. BUT I didn't have anything to worry about. We adjusted quickly and on her first whole day here we taught 4 investigators. Talk about throwing her straight into it. It was a little stressful. Yesterday Hermana Tracy went home. She has been so sick and not been able to eat and keep anything down. I miss her so much, but I know that she needs to get better so that she can serve the Lord with her all. I pray she gets better soon.

Less than two days being in a companionship with Hermana Clausen and we are back in a trio with Hermana Swapp. Yet another adjustment. We've all been super emotional the last few days, but the Temple this morning was amazing and I know we are all where we need to be.

Being in three different companionships in a week has taught me about the worth of a soul. We are all different and each companionship will be different out on my mission. Every person is worth so much to our Heavenly Father. I've learned the worth of my soul here at the MTC. It's personal, but I feel like I need to share it. Two weeks before my mission I was shopping for clothes. It was really hard to find clothes that fit me modestly and weren't a fortune. I remember standing in a dressing room with a three sided mirror in my work clothes. I had just tried on so many clothes and nothing had worked. I started crying. I was frustrated and I felt so ugly. I didn't think it was worth it to keep trying. I was tired. I struggled every day before I got to the MTC. The first Sunday I was here was Easter. We had been running around all day. I walked by a mirror and I smiled. My hair was crazy, my make-up worn off and I was exhausted. I smiled because I am beautiful. I am worth so much to my Father in Heaven and I have so many people who love me. The Spirit is so strong here. You can not deny it. "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God"(D&C 18:10). One of my teachers told me that we can not know the worth of souls without first knowing our own.

In one of my prayers at the beginning of the week I prayed to be able to see God's hand in my life. I know he is helping constantly, but I wanted to be able to learn to recognize and appreciate his help. This week was the hardest one yet, but I saw his power in my life more than I have before.

God is almighty. He has power enough to move mountains, power enough to create a world for his children. He has power enough to give us strength and to bless our families. God has the power to calm the anxious and comfort the lost. His power is limitless, but there is one thing he will not use his power for. He gave us our agency and he will not take it away. We have to choose to open our hearts to him and if we do, he can truly show us his unconditional love. We have to give him that power.

I know that he is using his power to help me. As he helps me prepare in the MTC, I know that he is also preparing the people that I will meet in Oregon. They are being prepared to hear the truth.

I have seen Gods power in my life and in my companions' lives. I see it everyday. Pray to see God in your life and you will be witness to miracles. I know this to be true. 

I love you all,

Hermana Dickson








My new companion Sister Clausen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment